Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet
Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet
The Giro Chronicle MIPS represents fantastic protection at an excellent price point.
The Chronicle isn't short on features either. This is no surprise considering it's drawing on the technology of the top level Giro Montaro. The Chronicle is rocking:
- Deep Fit for maximum coverage and confidence to send it!
- Protection - The MIPS sytem is an insert below the EPS liner that allows the head to rotate slightly within the shell of the helmet in the event of a big crash. This slows the rotational forces on the brain. The EPS shell is covered by a tough in-moulded polycarbonate shell.
- POV Plus Visor - The visor has several preset positions including a high mode that allows you to store your goggles above the brow, but below the visor. Perfect for those long climbs!
- Fit - Roc Loc 5 lets you easily dial in tension and adjust the vertical position with one hand.
- Coolmax Hydrophillic Padding - Great for wicking away sweat while being plush and comfortable. Can absorb up to 10 times its on weight in sweat!
- Ventilation - 14 wind tunnel vents draw cool air in and exhaust it out the back.
- Craig S.I recommend this productRated 3 stars11 months agoOne deep lid!
This helmet is obviously good quality, no problem there, and no problem with the sizing, it's a perfect fit except that.....
....for me it always feels like i need to push the helmet up. Like it's too....well... deep. It sit's low on the brow, making goggles pretty much impossible if you want to wear them. It's glasses only with this lid.
Look, maybe my eyes are too close to the top of my head, but this ain't the first helmet I've owned, so I'm putting this one down to design.
There is some adjustment for this issue, but it's not enough in my opinion. I've got a riding buddy that has exactly the same issue with this one.
My 2c.Was this helpful?
- Mark H.I recommend this productRated 5 stars11 months agoAmazing value for money
Bought for one of my kids, who is very into XC / Trail riding. Very good fit indeed, light and massive ventilation. Amazing value for money given it has a good visor, MIPS and GIRO backingWas this helpful?
- BrandonI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoHave bought twice. Would buy again.
This is my second time owning this helmet. I destroyed the first one in a crash. My pelvis was fractured but thanks to this helmet my head was undamaged.
Or maybe my head was damaged because Ive bought a second one so I can ride again despite the whole fractured pelvis thing. Maybe it worked too well and stopped any sense being knocked into me.
Five stars either way.Was this helpful?
- BrentI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoSaved My Life!
I just order my second Giro Chronicle after a big off on the weekend. Knocked unconscious, suffering from concussion, but Im still here!
Cracked the helmet, but I know it saved me from serious brain damage , dont know if the MIPS system made a difference or not, dont care, the helmet saved my life Im sure.
Helmet is comfortable, light and safe, so happy with it, decided to go straight back to the helmet I know and trust!Was this helpful?
- tylerI recommend this productRated 3 stars2 years agoOk, but could be better
Good solid helmet, lack of cool pads and thickness of helmet is a bit crap.. over all good winter helmet and feel safe in it
My giro fixture is preferredWas this helpful?